We are looking for an experienced small animal vet to join our team in a fully equipped clinic in beautiful Newcastle, Co.Down. We are currently a team of 2 vets and look forward to the expansion to a 3rd vet, with our experienced vet nurses and ANA’s. We are a young, friendly, independent and forward thinking veterinary clinic with a huge focus on patient and client care. We enjoy a varied caseload and great relationships with our client base. This is an opportunity for an experienced vet to carve out their role within our team. With the importance of a positive working environment, this position can be flexible and will consider both part or full time vets and are happy to offer an attractive package to the successful candidate. Please do not hesitate to call for a chat, contact Catherine 07795324288 or e-mail cv’s to email@example.com
POST: Qualified or experienced veterinary nurse
GENERAL INFO: We are eager to employ a qualified veterinary nurse for a busy, family friendly, rural, mixed animal practice. Someone who can drive the Practice with initiative, enthusiasm, be involved in teaching and continuing educational development. Someone who has an interest in ensuring we build a good professional working team, and assist in the care and management of the Practice. We would be happy to consider newly qualified nurses who is dependable, reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work flexible hours should the need arise.
Working hours are Mon-Fri 9-6 and weekend rota.
START DATE: with immediate effect.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Caddy Country Practice Limited, BT41 3DL.
Established in 1836, the USPCA is the second oldest animal welfare charity in the world and its purpose has remained unchanged over that time – the prevention of cruelty and the relief of suffering in animals.
The USPCA is now recruiting for the following positions at its newly refurbished Animal Hospital in Newry, Co. Down.
SENIOR VETERINARY SURGEON
You will lead the clinical team and be responsible for all aspects of clinical practice and governance.
Responsible for daily consultations and surgeries.
This is a fulltime role but consideration would also be given to job share through 2 x part time roles.
RCVS REGISTERED VETERINARY NURSE
Supporting the veterinary surgeons in the provision of high-quality care for the animals brought to the Animal Hospital.
This is a fulltime role but consideration would also be given to job share through 2 x part time roles.
The Animal Hospital provides veterinary treatment for members of the local community who may not be able to afford regular veterinary fees, has an active wildlife rescue service and has an active rehoming programme for companion animals in need.
This is a varied small animal and wildlife practice offering the successful applicants the opportunity to gain valuable surgical and medical experience in a supportive environment. The clinic is well equipped with a dedicated theatre, digital X-ray, In-house Laboratory and Ultrasound.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter stating the position you are applying for and how you meet the criteria for the job. Job descriptions are available online at www.uspca.co.uk . Should you wish to have an informal discussion about any of the above roles, please email your contact details and we will call you.
We have a young dynamic team looking after an extremely varied case load: poor performance and lameness, internal medicine cases in all equids, reproduction in our own TB stud and visiting sports horses. We perform the majority of our own surgeries and collaborate with the University College of Dublin’s surgeons for more intricate surgeries executed by them at our clinic.
If you are a sporty person, we will gladly challenge you on the road – or mountain bike or take you fell running! If you prefer the city life, Belfast is only a 30 minute drive away.
Posts available from early 2020:
• AN EXPERIENCED EQUINE VET POSITION – 3 years or more general practice experience, ideally with a reproduction interest. With our case load you will be able to develop or nurture any personal interests and we will support you in that with directing the case load and funded CPD. The position is full-time and with longer term prospects for the right person. Out of hours work rota is extremely manageable (read mostly quiet) and equally divided between 4 vets. Remuneration dependant on experience and car/accommodation requirements.
• RECENT GRADUATE POSITION – maybe you have just finished an equine internship or you have worked in mixed practice and would like to focus on equine medicine? No better place to develop your equine interests with the support of friendly and experienced colleagues! The position is full time for one year initially but may be extended if you love it here as much as we do. You will take part in the rota but will be supported as and when needed. Remuneration as above.
To be considered for the post of your choice, please send a short cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on December 13th 2019.
We have been renovating a domestic property where we want someone to take the lead on client care and ensure great client experience.
• Providing a welcoming environment, attending to client needs.
• Evolving and developing in house customer service protocols
• Managing diary appointments, anticipating unforeseen changes.
• Keeping reception clean and tidy and adequately stocked with product and up to date literature.
• Taking payments, reconciling shifts, resolving any discrepancies
• Building a rapport with clients and resolving/referring any issues
• Keeping up to date with information, prices and offers on routine treatments and procedures
• Ordering and collection of prescriptions
• Assisting practice administrators with invoicing and written communication
• Ensuring all emails are dealt with / directed appropriately
• Maintaining stationery stocks across the clinic, overseeing orders
• Communicating effectively with clinical colleagues to ensure efficiency from greet to discharge
• Ensuring all relevant information communicated at shift handover.
• Ensuring system compliance with GDPR, insurance information etc
• Well presented and punctual
• Excellent customer care skills
• Friendly demeanour, confident and courteous manner
• Competent in computer use, including Word and Excel
• Experience handling cash and its reconciliation
• Able to respond to queries quickly and effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to deal with clients and staff at all levels
• Experience of working in a dynamic environment operating appointment system
• Ability to cope with difficult situations
• Flexibility on hours, Saturdays on a rota basis
Applicants must exude a confident presence and be enthusiastic with a customer focused attitude. You will have strong organisational and communication skills and be able to work closely with others around you, be articulate and presentable, whilst always demonstrating confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
If you meet the criteria, email your CV to The Practice Manager at email@example.com quoting GVCCCL1119
Closes:- Wednesday 4th December
At Craemill Veterinary Clinic we pride ourselves in doing the absolute best for our clients and their pets in the local community. We are a long established family practice with a very experienced and supportive team.
Our drive is to provide the best working environment for staff and in turn
optimum service to our clients.
Would you like to join our team of 4 dedicated small animal and 3 farm vets with shared OOH provisions with a neighbouring practice? If so, we have an opportunity for a full time 100% small animal vet (part time options considered), ideally suited to those with experience, although new graduates are welcome to apply.
Please forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 02879 301899.
Wanted – a veterinary surgeon to work in a mixed practice role in Downpatrick & Newcastle, County Down. The position can be part time or full time, to cover maternity leave. We are a fun & friendly practice with quiet on call duties. The rota is 1 in 4 nights and weekends. This position becomes available around Feb / March 2020. There may be the opportunity for a permanent placement for applicants at the end of the maternity cover period. Please forward a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line “2020 Maternity Leave”.
Mixed Veterinary assistant sought for very mixed practice with equine ,bovine, ovine and smalls to a high standard. We are well equipped. Eg cattle foot trimming on site with tip-over crush. Knock down room for equine surgery.Rapid x-ray acquisition with DR machine.Horse dental work with motorized rasp, and all the usual diagnostic machines.
The person we want must be interested in all areas and we will support them.
Conditions are standard and very much dependant on ability .
Contact , initially , covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who’s focus is on patient and client care.
As employers the partners recognise the importance of work/ life balance and are happy to work with your commitments. We are a friendly practice based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland and enjoy a varied first opinion caseload with a moderate orthopaedic caseload.
We are flexible with working pattern and hours, there will be some sole charge and the team are part of a weekend rota, but there is no OOH’s requirement.
To apply please follow the link below;
required for well established mixed-practice, in new purpose built clinic in Millisle, to cover 1 year maternity leave. The successful candidate must be experienced, motivated, have flexible working hours, have excellent people skills and show exceptional standards of patient care. There will be consideration for part- or full- time. The position may be available for longer for the right person. RVN will be given preference. The role will include animal nursing, practice cleaning, stock control and reception duties with clerical roles essential. Rota includes evenings and Saturdays. This practice aims to provide excellent clinical care in a welcoming environment to our patients and owners. Please apply with CV and references to email@example.com or via post or in person to Claire Ferris, 1 Killaughey Road South, Millisle, Co. Down, BT22 2DY.