VetNI is proud to be associated with NI vets – we see how hard you are all working to respond to a rapidly changing situation and use your training to providing veterinary services at the highest standards possible and in complete compliance with government and RCVS guidance. Information is coming through and changing at an astonishing rate.
USEFUL LINKS – We have collated a list of links which may be of use to you:
Our thanks to all these bodies for access to this material.
LOAN OF VET EQUIPMENT – Many of you have already volunteered spare medical grade which can be called into service by our Health Trusts in the most extreme circumstances. THANK YOU!
If you have any of the following to offer, please do so via the submission form that can be found HERE Please also drop David.Torrens@daera-ni.gov.uk a line, sending him a screen shot of your completed submission or just letting him know what additional equipment you have offered and where you are based.
Equipment wanted on loan:
- anaesthetic machines
- anaesthetic monitors
- oxygen concentrators
- syringe drivers or drip pumps
Equipment that you would be prepared to donate:
URGENT APPEAL FOR RETURN OF OXYGEN CYLINDERS – BOC medical oxygen cylinders are needed during the Covid-19 pandemic in order to utilise these in hospitals. If you have empty cylinders in your practice, please return them a.s.a.p. to BOC following the protocol outlined below:
- Email your collection requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your BOC account number
- If you don’t know your account number then please state as much information as possible including Name of practice, Full address, Post code, Contact name, Contact telephone number (Mobile number if practice closed)
- Agree a day to meet driver or have cylinders left out on day of collection. They must be accessible to the driver on the agreed day.
GUIDANCE FOR FARMERS– NIVA and AVSPNI have issued guidance to farmers via farming bodies which can be accessed HERE.