Our Vets4Pets surgery in Newtownabbey are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and experienced team. The practice is located inside Pets at Home in Longwood Retail Park
We have a full or part time position available. We are looking for a candidate to work 20-40 hours per week with weekends on a rota basis.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownerships of tasks and responsibilities.
• Carry out admission appointments, surgery follow ups and 2nd vaccinations.
• Calculate and administer medications and keep accurate records, manage inpatient care.
• Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures and anaesthesia monitoring.
• Help with student training to fulfil their potential.
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we offer:
• Career opportunities and development due to our varied case load
• Competitive salary dependent on your experience
• CPD allowance and support
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid memberships (RCVS)
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you. For further information contact email@example.com or the practice owner, Arthur firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer