Faculty MHLS – Core Technology Units
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Biological Services Unit (BSU). You will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of animal welfare and to ensure the BSU complies with Home Office standards/Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act/Health and Safety legislation. You will also oversee the provision of specific technical support services to academic and research staff and students and be responsible for advising on and implementing any development changes to the unit’s services, for budget planning, financial control and sustainability of the unit.
The successful candidate must have:
• Degree, HND, NVQ4 in a relevant subject Or A relevant professional qualification and relevant formal training
• Valid UK Home Office/DoH Personal License, or equivalent
• Valid UK driving License or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
• IAT course work – Level 2 completed
• A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in the management of a technical team in a competitive environment
• Demonstrable experience as a successful and effective decision maker capable of following through objectives in complex and challenging situations.
£33,797 to £40,322
Closing date: Monday 06 April 2020
For full job details and criteria please see the Candidate Information link on our website by clicking ‘apply’. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information please contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. We welcome applications from all sections of society and particularly from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but, in particular circumstances, may be renewed or made permanent, subject to availability of funding.