Glanbia Ireland is a world class, ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands with the proven talent to succeed in the global market.
As a result of internal reorganisation, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Advisor in Glanbia Ireland. Reporting to the Head of Technical Development the primary responsibility of the Veterinary Advisor is the provision of technical advisory and thought leadership in relation to animal health, animal welfare practices and dairy hygiene.
The appointed person will work with stakeholders across the Agribusiness category to proactively improve the profitability of production at farm level through the application of best-practice.
- Create animal health & welfare articles and on-line content for publication and circulation to farmers
- Develop, design and deliver customised presentations to GI staff and farmers on animal health, animal welfare and dairy hygiene
- Respond to requests from customer relationship and advisory staff for technical support in relation to specific farmer queries
- Encourage farmer participation in current GI diagnostic services and lead the development of further service provision in the animal health arena
- Contribute towards the GI business strategy and growth plan, and lead strategic projects in the area of animal nutrition, health & welfare
- A Veterinary Degree registrable with the Veterinary Council of Ireland
- A minimum of five years post-qualification experience in the Veterinary Medicine sector
- A PhD or further qualification in the area of animal health, prior experience within a research, industry, project management or teaching function would be a distinct advantage
- Good communication skills in delivering technical presentations to various audiences
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the My Career portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up to date resume – www.glanbia.com/careers